The Series IV precision pick-up arm owes much to the technology developed for the acclaimed Series V. Although presented at a lower price it retains the unique one-piece magnesium tone-arm, dual-lock base and other advanced features listed.
The Series IV is a worthy relative of 'the best pick-up arm in the world' with a sonic performance reflecting the care and attention to detail underlying its design and manufacture.
- Unique one-piece pressure die-cast tone-arm utilising the advantages of magnesium, replaces conventional fabricated construction.
- Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibration leaving the tone-arm acoustically inert.
- Fine machined cartridge platform, enamel free to avoid interface resonance.
- Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in massive yoke on 10mm ABEC 3 ball races. Axis at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
- Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before tone-arm is fitted.
- Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
- 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm ABEC 7 ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Anti-skate control operates through tension spring and filarnent. Dial corresponds with VTF and haspositive OFF position.
- Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
- Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
- Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on damped two-point suspension. Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
- Underslung weight housing corrects centre of gravity and provides non-reflective tone-arm termination. Adjustment leadscrew journalled in twin ball races with lever clamping.
- Swivelling damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
- Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
- Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA)
- New design alignment protractor sets HTA with great accuracy.