“state of the art engineering with multiple on-board amplifiers and serious silicon ...the latest addition to Meridian’s acclaimed DSP range of high-end floorstanders. ”
– Home Cinema Choice, May 2008
• Frequency response in-room within 3dB from 30Hz to over 20kHz.
• Maximum output >112dB spl @ 1m on music material.
• Noise less than 15dB spl.
• Overall electronic distortion typically <0.02% at any frequency or level.
• 1x phono digital input (S/PDIF)
• 1x balanced digital (AES/EBU) input on RJ45; 32kHz–96kHz sampling rates at up to 24 bit; MHR support. RJ45 input also carries RS232 and trigger.
• 1x RJ45 with balanced digital audio and control for a second loudspeaker. Carries infra-red pick up for system automation.
• ‘3½-way’ acoustic reflex system.
• Digital crossovers at 200Hz and 2.6kHz.
• 2 x 200mm long-throw bass drivers.
• 1 x 160mm polypropylene mid driver.
• 1 x 25mm aluminium-dome tweeter, silver wire, short horn-loaded.
• Gloss black or silver piano-lacquer cabinet, other colours available to order.
• FIFO memory buffer input for the lowest possible jitter from almost any source.
• Analogue gain & filtering with proprietary Meridian Class-A discrete amplification.
• Digital & conversion electronics utilise advanced surface-mount techniques and partitioned 6-layer printed-circuit boards.
• 4x 24-bit 128x oversampling D/A converters for maximum audio quality.
• 4x 100W/4Ω power amplifiers – one per driver.
• Vertical version: 1072 (42.25) H (no feet), 350/180 (13.75/7.1) W, 415/217 (16.5/8.5) D [base/top, mm (in)]
• HC version: 295 (11.6) H, 1060.5 (41.75), D 478.25 (18.8) max [mm/(in)]. Measure actual unit before specifying.
• 55kg (121 lb) each (vertical version).
• 64kg (141 lb) (horizontal centre version)
• Rear-panel controls for Power On/Off.
• MSR+ and RS232
• Eight-character display w/ system lights (may be turned off)